Monday, June 09, 2008

Q: I can connect to a server, and I can even start playing a game.
Now my PC locks up after a few seconds of playing. What now?

A: Check the answer to Q7 above and if using ppp, be sure you have
the line "ppp=1" in wattcp.cfg.


Q: Why do I see myself listed twice in the kali /s list?

A: This is almost always a SLiRP problem. If the ip number for
both entries is the same, and the port number is different, then
the redirection command in .slirprc failed (or you used the wrong
command). If the ip number for both entries is different, then you
are using the wrong ip number in wattcp.cfg and probably the wrong
ip# in the redirection commands. The second number you see is the
correct ip#. Use this number in .slirprc and in wattcp.cfg.


Q: Why do I see myself listed more than 2 times in the kali /s
list?

A: You are using a SLIP emulator that is not compatable with Kali.
The only SLIP emulator that works with Kali is SLiRP. TIA will NOT
work.